Vice President of International Affairs
Sr. Level International and Public Affairs Chief for Chairman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Chairman Emeritus for the House Foreign Affairs Committee) with 27 years of experience in the US Congress and former Chief of Staff and Official Spokesperson for the Chairman Emeritus of the House of Foreign Affairs Committee. Served as a senior advisor on legislation dealing with governmental and foreign affairs and able to effectively advocate, support and advance legislative initiatives relating to pertinent issues and bring them to the Hill on both the House and Senate side. In-depth understanding of the intangible qualities in economic and political infrastructures, combined with first-hand government experience at the highest levels around the globe. Sound knowledge of public policy and the political arena including legislative, administrative, and lobbying processes, policies and procedures with strong ties to both major political parties. Proven record of advancing important issues through the legislative process. Also, was the Chief Political Strategist and Coordinator of Political Events all over the country with Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen developing a network of major business leaders raising an average of $1.5 million dollars annually to support the Congresswoman and the designated political organizations.
- Since December 2012 he led fundraising efforts which netted over $400,000.00 for Columbia University Medical Center’s TK2 Research Fund in NYC for the pediatric neurological team to be able to study this rare and fatal genetic muscular disorder which has had 50 recorded patients including 10 children on the experimental medicines around the world. His son, Art,Jr suffers from this disease.
- Served as the Official Spokesman for the Congresswoman and appeared on local television news programs, conduct radio interviews on important issues for the South Florida community, and spoke on behalf of the Congresswoman to constituents, visiting students, diplomats, and all other official functions which she is unable to attend.
- Published articles on behalf of the Congresswoman in journals as notable as the Christian Science Monitor and in various local newspapers and magazines.
- Co-hosted a weekly public affairs radio program in Spanish from Washington, D.C. to the South Florida community on WQBA AM-1140 for a year in 2002. The radio show was called, “Current Events in Congress” and it reached an audience of 13,000 listeners a week, up from 3,000 when initially began appearing on the program.
- Speaker for the Close-Up Foundation and deliver speeches on international issues and Cuban affairs to students and senior citizens.
- Engaged in numerous interviews and television appearances with national news networks such as Univision, Fox, C-Span and Telemundo.
Awards and Recognition
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Diversity on the Hill Award in Washington D.C. September 2014.
- Cafe Con Leche Leadership Award from Cuban American National Council in Washington, D.C. June 2014.
- Latino Influential Award in Washington D.C. for Hispanic Heritage Month September 2013.
- Rare Voice Award by the Rare Disease Legislative Advocates September 2013.
- Awarded by the Spanish Government “A Friend of the Spain Brand in Florida” 2013 presented by the Spanish Foreign Minister.
- Sited by Huffington Post as one of “The Most Influential Latino Staffers on Capitol Hill” in 2013.
- Awarded with a special recognition for 21 years of service in the US Congress by the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute and the Azteca Foundation of America in 2010.
- 1992 and 1993 nominee for the Price Waterhouse Up and Comers Award in the field of government.